Quality Laboratory Technician - Baldwinsville, NY
Advantage XPO is currently searching for a Quality Laboratory Technician for PaperWorks Industries, a leading manufacturer of paperboard and packaging solutions. This position will be based in their Baldwinsville, NY location.
About PaperWorks Industries
PaperWorks is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of 100% recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications. Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards.
We want our team members to be proud of the essential work they do, our commitment to the environment, and the overall company. As part of our culture journey to be recognized as a Great Place to Work©, we continue to invest heavily in our people, our company culture and in state-of-the-art technology to be at the forefront of innovation and market differentiation. PaperWorks’ products are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance.
Our purpose is clear. Deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.
• Acquires product samples from each work center and reports results to the operator, leads and supervisors.
• Recommends course of action where non-conformance.
• Manages the storage and retrieval of test results.
• Operates within policies & procedures and maintaining compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements; including compliance with Occupational Health and Safety procedures. Ensures the safety of themselves and others as they move throughout the Plant work stations.
• Keeps equipment operating safely by enforcing its proper use in accordance with operating instructions.
• Troubleshoots lab equipment breakdowns.
• High school diploma or GED and 2+ years’ experience in high volume multi-shift manufacturing operation.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct.
• Basic math and computer skills; knowledge of statistics preferred
• Observant, detail oriented and organized must utilize a logical and methodical approach to issues.
• Ability to read and interpret information.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Syteline MRP system experience and knowledge preferred.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
• Box plant or converting plant experience.
• ISO 9000 or other auditing process experience.
• Lean Six Sigma experience.
PLEASE CLICK BELOW TO APPLY
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is a premier global workforce solutions provider and part of Recruit Holdings Co. Ltd., one of the largest human capital management companies in the world. Widely recognized by industry experts and HRO Today magazine, Advantage xPO specializes in providing temporary to contract-to-hire and direct/permanent placements with proven expertise in Engineering/Technical, Information Technology, Scientific, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Clerical and Light Industrial. Advantage xPO connects you with the right opportunity at the right company.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
United States of America
Light Industrial / LI - Manufacturing
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Quality Laboratory Technician
Location: Baldwinsville, NY
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 1043722
Posted Date: 9/8/2020