Die Cutting Operator - Web fed - Baldwinsville, NY
Advantage XPO is currently searching for a Die Cutting Operator - Web Fed for PaperWorks Industries, a leading manufacturer of paperboard and packaging solutions. This position will be based in their Baldwinsville, NY location.
About PaperWorks Industries
PaperWorks is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of 100% recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications. Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards.
We want our team members to be proud of the essential work they do, our commitment to the environment, and the overall company. As part of our culture journey to be recognized as a Great Place to Work©, we continue to invest heavily in our people, our company culture and in state-of-the-art technology to be at the forefront of innovation and market differentiation. PaperWorks’ products are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance.
Our purpose is clear. Deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.
The Die Cutting Operator is responsible for the safe set up and operation of the die cutting equipment within the department. The individual ensures conformance to all Health and Safety Policies, Rules and Regulations and general housekeeping standards. Meets or exceeds production, quality and efficiency requirements at all times.
- Responsible for setup of press according to necessary specifications
- Monitor quality and make adjustments while press is running as required.
- Must know the proper rules such as cut, crease and perforation and their characteristics as far as thickness and hardness
- Validate setup of matrices and or counters as pertinent to job in progress and how they mount to press
- Complete understanding of how dies are made, know nicking patterns, how rubbering works, and different rubbers available to maximize efficiency in machine operation
- Communicate with departing shift to learn status of job in progress
- Performs quality checks as required
- Must follow all applicable procedures and make recommendations for system improvements as identified.
- Keeps supervisor apprised of any quality, production or resource issues.
- Responsible for operating within policies & procedures, and maintaining compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements; including compliance with Occupational Health and Safety procedures and SafeStart practices.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three years of related experience and/or training;
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to keep accurate records, including the completion of all required forms; and the accurate use of different measuring devices including tape measures, and all other applicable gauges.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PLEASE CLICK BELOW TO APPLY
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is a premier global workforce solutions provider and part of Recruit Holdings Co. Ltd., one of the largest human capital management companies in the world. Widely recognized by industry experts and HRO Today magazine, Advantage xPO specializes in providing temporary to contract-to-hire and direct/permanent placements with proven expertise in Engineering/Technical, Information Technology, Scientific, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Clerical and Light Industrial. Advantage xPO connects you with the right opportunity at the right company.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
United States of America
Light Industrial / LI - Manufacturing
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Die Cutting Operator - Web fed
Location: Baldwinsville, NY
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 1045472
Posted Date: 9/10/2020