Manufacturing Lead - Baldwinsville, NY
Advantage XPO is currently searching for a Manufacturing Lead for PaperWorks Industries, a leading manufacturer of paperboard and packaging solutions. This position will be based in their Baldwinsville, NY location.
About PaperWorks Industries
PaperWorks is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of 100% recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications. Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards.
We want our team members to be proud of the essential work they do, our commitment to the environment, and the overall company. As part of our culture journey to be recognized as a Great Place to Work©, we continue to invest heavily in our people, our company culture and in state-of-the-art technology to be at the forefront of innovation and market differentiation. PaperWorks’ products are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance.
Our purpose is clear. Deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.
The Manufacturing Lead is responsible for daily throughput of the production process, ensuring assets are running safely, within quality expectations and with trained team members.
- Conducts and assists with investigation of root causes and corrective/preventive actions for safety, quality, productivity issues
- Maintains and updates centerlines on equipment
- Supports and follows up to sustain continuous improvement activities in area
- Covers vacation and other absences as skills allow
- Keeps equipment operating safely by enforcing proper use in accordance with operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, and managing preventive maintenance and repairs
- Operates within policies & procedures and maintains compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements, including compliance with Occupational Health and Safety procedures
- Trains and helps improve the skills of the shop floor operators
- Provides recommendations to production manager related to discipline, performance reviews, pay, job changes, and accountability
- Works with HR Business Partner to develop weekly schedule and communicate schedule changes to production team
- Works with Preventive Maintenance leads to facilitate effective preventive maintenance
- Daily responsibilities
- Own and monitor visual management process – performs shift handoff with other leads
- Ensure daily throughput achieves production demand – monitor and report on releases in process
- Manage crewing to meet production targets
- Work with scheduling to optimize production
- Validate all procedures are being followed to ensure safe operation and quality production
- Train, coach, and counsel employees on shift
- Preferred - Three – five years of experience in flexo or litho printing, or web-fed or sheet-fed die cutting of folding cartons
- Good functional knowledge of MS Office and other related computer skills
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
- Good leadership, communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attendance
- Availability outside normal shift hours
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is a premier global workforce solutions provider and part of Recruit Holdings Co. Ltd., one of the largest human capital management companies in the world. Widely recognized by industry experts and HRO Today magazine, Advantage xPO specializes in providing temporary to contract-to-hire and direct/permanent placements with proven expertise in Engineering/Technical, Information Technology, Scientific, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Clerical and Light Industrial. Advantage xPO connects you with the right opportunity at the right company.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
United States of America
Light Industrial / LI - Manufacturing
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Manufacturing Lead
Location: Baldwinsville, NY
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 1045493
Posted Date: 9/10/2020