CNC Machinist - Fort Worth, TX
Machinists are responsible for working together as a team to improve manufacturing processes and promote a climate of cooperation.
Essential Responsibilities: Machinist may include but is not limited to the following:
- Understand and perform all functions required to set up and operate a variety of CNC and /or manual machining equipment including but not limited to: 4 axis vertical lathes, horizontal boring machines, gear hobber, gear grinder, cylindrical grinder, radial arm drill and coordinate measuring machines
- Use standard machine tools including, but not limited to drill press, band saw, lathe, press breaks, welding equipment etc., and a variety of hand, electric, and pneumatic tools
- Change and adjust tools as required to maintain quality
- Set up both fixtures and parts for machining
- De-burr parts
- Use manual and electronic inspection devices to check multiple quality parameters
- Set up and perform simple welding operations
- Promote climate of cooperation; leading by example mentoring others in safety, quality, environmental, lean and high-performance work team philosophies
- Work with all facility employees on improving manufacturing processes through prototyping, fabrication and experimental machining to develop and prove concepts and design and implement necessary fixtures and tooling for manufacturing improvements
- Assembly of components and full assembly of finished parts
- Paint applications including but not limited to dry sanding, masking, unmasking, primer paint application, seal and touch up work
- Material transport including the use of but not limited to, radio controlled cranes, forklifts and tuggers
- Prying and setting heavy equipment may also be required
- All machinists will perform multiple tasks in any combination and concentration of the above-mentioned areas and will rotate through all or most of the processes rather than being assigned to a specific task. Machinist must be able to work as part of a team having responsibility for assembling numerous components and other duties as assigned.
**Must be able to work 3rd shift from 10:45 pm to 7:15am.**
- Starting pay rate is $24.47 per hour with night shift differential of $1/hr.
- 3 years CNC Machining experience.
- Working knowledge of G&M code.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience using blueprints and manufacturing instructions to produce machined parts.
- Must be able to lift material up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have ability to properly use and care for assigned tools and equipment.
- Must be able to adhere to standards, do a quality job in a safe manner, within allotted time.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment technical assessment.
- Every employee will be an in-process inspector.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have high-school diploma or GED or equivalent.
- Must be willing to wear personal protective equipment, for example safety glasses, gloves, hats, ear plugs and safety shoes.
- Must be willing to work in a tobacco-free environment.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Must be willing to work as necessary to meet requirements of the position, including the ability to work occasional weekends and scheduled overtime.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is a premier global workforce solutions provider and part of Recruit Holdings Co. Ltd., one of the largest human capital management companies in the world. Widely recognized by industry experts and HRO Today magazine, Advantage xPO specializes in providing temporary to contract-to-hire and direct/permanent placements with proven expertise in Engineering/Technical, Information Technology, Scientific, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Clerical and Light Industrial. Advantage xPO connects you with the right opportunity at the right company.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Fort Worth, TX
United States of America
Light Industrial / LI - Manufacturing
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: CNC Machinist
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 1061945
Posted Date: 10/7/2020