Shift Supervisor-Production - Hastings, NE
Advantage XPO is currently searching for a Production Supervisor for PaperWorks Industries, a leading manufacturer of paperboard and packaging solutions. This position will be based in their Hastings, Nebraska location.
About PaperWorks Industries
PaperWorks is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of 100% recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications. Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards.
We want our team members to be proud of the essential work they do, our commitment to the environment, and the overall company. As part of our culture journey to be recognized as a Great Place to Work©, we continue to invest heavily in our people, our company culture and in state-of-the-art technology to be at the forefront of innovation and market differentiation. PaperWorks’ products are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance.
Our purpose is clear. Deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.
Directly supervises shift personnel in the sheeting, printing, die cutting, finishing, and laminating. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The Shift Supervisor coordinates and facilitates the day-to-day activities of the teams. Essential duties and responsibilities may include the following.
- Works with employees to maintain a safe work environment. Encourages and leads team members to work in a safe manner and to seek improvement in work practices for their benefit.
- Assures that the team maintains quality standards and uses appropriate techniques for problem resolution through knowledge of product specifications and training of staff.
- Ensures that product quality, production efficiencies, and overall productivity meets or exceeds established standards, and is directly accountable for expenditures exceeding budgeted levels.
- Strives to be technically proficient on the machinery in the department.
- Provides assistance to the team in problem resolution and assures that testing and product development is carried out in a professional manner.
- Report any potentially unsafe conditions or customer complaints to a person of authority to record and/or correct the situation.
- The Shift Supervisor must be a leader with exceptional communication skills, good organization, and the ability to motivate people to perform at high levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equipment-direct experience in the folding carton industry is required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing plant preferred.
- Production experience is required and continued education is considered a plus. Must be quality conscious and customer oriented.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is a premier global workforce solutions provider and part of Recruit Holdings Co. Ltd., one of the largest human capital management companies in the world. Widely recognized by industry experts and HRO Today magazine, Advantage xPO specializes in providing temporary to contract-to-hire and direct/permanent placements with proven expertise in Engineering/Technical, Information Technology, Scientific, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Clerical and Light Industrial. Advantage xPO connects you with the right opportunity at the right company.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
United States of America
Light Industrial / LI - Manufacturing
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Shift Supervisor-Production
Location: Hastings, NE
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 1054559
Posted Date: 9/24/2020