Material Handler 3 - Sunnyvale, CA
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and
Primary Function of Position:
The Material Handler 3 is an advanced position requiring significant experience in warehousing operations, exceptional technical skills (equipment operation, counting, space utilization, handling efficiency), in-depth knowledge of ISI’s inventory management systems and software (Agile, SAP, WMS), strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The Material Handler 3 is responsible for material-handling duties in support of operations and other internal customers. To be eligible, a Material Handler must be in good standing (attendance, quality, behavior) and certified to and excel in a minimum of 3 key tasks from the following: receiving; parts put-away; point-of-use parts replenishment (Route Runner); material transfers (MT); stock transfer orders (STO); single parts presentation kitting (SPP); systems packing (all carts); packaging.
Following training and certification(s), this position has responsibility and authority for:
- All Material Handler 1 &2 Roles and Responsibilities:
- Receiving materials, physically and systemically, to be used in operations and engineering projects.
- Physically and systemically moving approved materials between staging areas, storage locations and WIP locations.
- Point-of-use parts replenishment for designated work areas.
- Production parts replenishment via SPP kitting.
- Fulfilling and transacting MT requests, received either electronically or via hard copy.
- Fulfilling and transacting Sales Orders.
- Packing System carts, FRUs and kits.
- Performing systemic transactions in both SAP and ISI’s Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Complying with materials management policies and processes, including First In/ First Out (FIFO) material rotation, 5-S, Safety, Quality, Attendance and Good Warehousing/Housekeeping processes.
- Participating in the daily cycle counts.
- Operating material handling equipment (fork lift, pallet jack, order-picking machine).
- Communicating via e-mail the status of material movements and transactions to appropriate internal customers.
- Participate in the implementation of department projects up to and including leading a project team.
- Actively participate in the Continuous Improvement (CI) program, including both the creation and implementation of CIs.
- Under the guidance of department trainers or designated trainers, assist in the hands-on training of new personnel or personnel being cross-trained.
- Leading the daily cycle counts.
- Identify areas or opportunities for operational improvement. Focusing on efficiency and quality, develop proposals for systems and process improvement. Gain consensus from Supervisor and drive the implementation of improvements.
- Become knowledgeable of all key tasks performed by Lead and fill the Lead position when the Lead is absent, including the assignment of department personnel throughout a shift and maintenance/issuance of required reports.
- Be proficient in the role of deputized trainer. At the direction of the Supervisor, train new personnel or cross-train existing personnel, including all required documentation, record keeping and reporting. Skill/Job Requirements:
Competency Requirements: (competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.)
- Possess high school degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 4-years of experience in Material Handling operations preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers and internal customers, both verbally and written.
- Inventory control experience (cycle counting, physical inventories).
- Experience and/or certification in operating material-handling equipment.
- Ability to lift material up to 50 lbs.
- Extensive walking and repetitive physical motion (squatting, bending, lifting, climbing ladders) is required.
- Experience with computer systems (MS Office, SAP, Agile,WMS).
- Certified to a minimum of 3 key material-handling tasks. Must consistently exceed efficiency standards and quality goals when performing them.
- Strong interpersonal skills, specifically leadership, coaching and training.
- Strong verbal and written skills required to effectively communicate with Team members and internal customers.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is a premier global workforce solutions provider and part of Recruit Holdings Co. Ltd., one of the largest human capital management companies in the world. Widely recognized by industry experts and HRO Today magazine, Advantage xPO specializes in providing temporary to contract-to-hire and direct/permanent placements with proven expertise in Engineering/Technical, Information Technology, Scientific, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Clerical and Light Industrial. Advantage xPO connects you with the right opportunity at the right company.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
United States of America
Light Industrial / LI - Manufacturing
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Material Handler 3
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 1039159
Posted Date: 9/28/2020