RMA Technician - Southaven, MS
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
JOB TITLE: RMA Technician II
Summary Statement: A RMA Technician II works under general direction, follows oral and/or written instructions, and performs repair and testing processes to produce tested electro-mechanical assemblies or associated sub-assemblies.
Essential duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Performs simple and complex repairs on mechanical RMA assemblies.
- Provides assistance with failure analysis of RMAs and properly documents findings.
- Performs some-what complex tasks in preparation for repair and testing. Is able to verify assembly documentation accuracy, read engineering drawings etc. Sets up and operates machines/equipment /fixtures needed to perform repair and testing processes.
- Follows all applicable work instructions to perform repair and testing processes.
- Provide detailed symptom descriptions for failures uncovered during functional test and calibration to assist in component-level troubleshooting.
- Communicates status of testing with supervisor and other departments as necessary.
· Conducts complex quality inspection of own or other’s work to insure workmanship standards are met.
· Properly completes manufacturing documentation and helps maintain its accuracy. Initiates material requests (MTs), reports quality issues (VRs, Process Log), and records transactions in SAP as needed to preserve traceability.
· Follows all corporate, safety and production procedures and regulations and maintains a clean and orderly workstation. Assures that his/her group adheres to the company standards and regulations.
· Maintains an excellent attendance record.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Education and/or Experience: High school diploma and AA or equivalent; Minimum of AA or college degree preferred; one to three years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Training must be completed at a minimum per the following criteria:
- 1 of the following 2 assemblies: MTM, PSM,
- 1 of the following 2 assemblies: SUJ/Cart, ECM,
- 1 of the following 2 assemblies: HRSV, Gimbal
· Language Skills: Ability to read, write and understand English. Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers
· Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute averages, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs and line graphs. Ability to determine the minimum, maximum and nominal value when provided with a specification and a tolerance.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to deal with situations including up to several variables. Ability to report actual or potential quality issues. Ability to suggest and implement process improvements.
· Computer skills: Proficient in use of personal computers as part of daily work, including knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and Datasweep. Ability to use E-mail and the ACCS (Agile) system to retrieve and submit on-line documentation.
· Other skills and abilities: Ability to work varying shifts. Must have ability to complete training courses. Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to use clocks, timers, calipers, voltmeters, power supplies, rulers, and other test equipment as required.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is a premier global workforce solutions provider and part of Recruit Holdings Co. Ltd., one of the largest human capital management companies in the world. Widely recognized by industry experts and HRO Today magazine, Advantage xPO specializes in providing temporary to contract-to-hire and direct/permanent placements with proven expertise in Engineering/Technical, Information Technology, Scientific, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Clerical and Light Industrial. Advantage xPO connects you with the right opportunity at the right company.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
United States of America
Light Industrial / LI - Manufacturing
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: RMA Technician
Location: Southaven, MS
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 1080694
Posted Date: 2/26/2021