Analyst - Newark, NJ
Newark, NJ – Temporary Role – Analyst, Finance Data & Infrastructure
- Due an increase in project work for 2018, the Finance Data & Infrastructure team in the Americas requires a temporary resource to perform accounting, data and transaction analysis under the supervision of senior manager level team members.
- The Americas Finance Data & Infrastructure team ensures that –
- Americas Finance has a robust systems architecture compliant with Group Finance standards and regulatory requirements.
- The systems architecture in place supports the business conducted in the Americas and can support the accounting and reporting required for that business.
- Operational risk management and financial controls are embedded and effective across the region.
Roles & Responsibilities
The role involves analysis of various data sets to support projects related primarily to bank regulatory requirements, plus similar analysis to support business as usual activities.
The role includes these elements:
- Analysis of -
- Customer and product static data to assess data quality.
- Transaction level data to assess reporting system logic, source limitations, data lineage and source documentation.
- Cash flow data to assess consistency with underlying transaction data.
- Testing support for -
- Controls being evaluated for rollout.
- Business as usual operational risk control testing.
- Reconciliations of accounting, static, transaction and accounting data between sources, including investigation and explanation of differences
- Providing insight to the data and transactions analyzed.
Qualifications & Skills
- BS or equivalent in Accounting or Finance.
- Experience in / knowledge of financial services industry. Prefer experience in financial / regulatory reporting or financial controls / operational risk.
- Strong Excel skills. Prefer experience in other Office tools, including MS Access.
- Ability to adapt to a variety of circumstances effectively.
- Knowledge of accounting standards (US GAAP / IFRS) and of the financial regulatory environment in the US would be helpful.
- Knowledge of financial services products, particularly cash, trade, lending and financial markets, would be helpful.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is a premier global workforce solutions provider and part of Recruit Holdings Co. Ltd., one of the largest human capital management companies in the world. Widely recognized by industry experts and HRO Today magazine, Advantage xPO specializes in providing temporary to contract-to-hire and direct/permanent placements with proven expertise in Engineering/Technical, Information Technology, Scientific, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Clerical and Light Industrial. Advantage xPO connects you with the right opportunity at the right company.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Analyst
Location: Newark, NJ
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 317930
Posted Date: 3/7/2018