Tax Analyst - New York, NY
This is a dynamic opportunity for tax professionals or persons interested in tax to work in the tax department of an international bank. This is a temporary assignment working in the clients Midtown Manhattan office.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
Assist the Tax Department with:
- Conducting research on current US Federal tax issues, inclusive of corporate tax, withholding and information reporting, tax policy and procedures, and employee tax related matters, and preparation of technical memorandum for review by senior members of the tax department;
- Conducting research on specific issues relating to State and Local, inclusive of corporate, property and sales tax issues and preparation of technical memorandum for review by senior members of the tax department;
- Drafting letters to various taxing US authorities in response to their inquiries regarding the bank’s treatment of an item on its tax return or other tax filings;
- Assisting with preparation of corporate tax returns;
- Preparation of tax schedules giving consideration to Tax Reform;
- Analyzing financial data to be used in tax reporting:
- Preparing for tax examinations conducted by various taxing authorities, including developing strategy for addressing any procedural matters and crafting responses to information document requests.
- Working cross-functionally with the Finance group, and with various business teams to ascertain information to address various tax issues that may arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Superior academic credentials
- Ideal candidates would have a Masters of Taxation Degree, Law Degree, Accounting Degree or is currently pursuing their degree in the aforementioned areas or have worked in Tax either in house or in accounting firms previously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point
- Knowledge of OneSource tax software is a plus.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is a premier global workforce solutions provider and part of Recruit Holdings Co. Ltd., one of the largest human capital management companies in the world. Widely recognized by industry experts and HRO Today magazine, Advantage xPO specializes in providing temporary to contract-to-hire and direct/permanent placements with proven expertise in Engineering/Technical, Information Technology, Scientific, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Clerical and Light Industrial. Advantage xPO connects you with the right opportunity at the right company.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
New York, NY
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Tax Analyst
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 318928
Posted Date: 3/13/2018