Core Java Developer (Server Side) - New York, NY
Java Developer (Server side) – Fulltime or Contractor
About our client
Our client is a leading provider of products and consulting services to some of the world’s largest finance, technology and energy institutions. They are the developer of the world-leading database technology kdb+.
Our client is growing with 13 global offices including NYC and 1800+ people and growing. They remain profitable with market cap of $680M Euro as of 2017. They are also listed as top 3 all-time best performing company by AIM.
Our client service a diverse market including: Banks, Asset Managers, Hedge funds, Exchanges, Data Providers, Tech Companies and Industrial Corporates often with multi-system and/or high volume trading activities, the Company scopes, designs, develops, implements and supports a broad range of mission critical data and trading systems across front, middle and back-office operations. The Company’s software is also to help organizations solve their most demanding data management and analytics challenges.
They are seeking a Server side Java Developer to join their Capital Markets Consulting Business (Globally) based in midtown/NYC. This individual will be part of a team building an application that’s a part of the regulatory margin reform group (RMR) whose primary focus will be on correcting funding resolution based on CSA agreements within the bank- it is a very high-performance system.
- Develop & support Java server side components of market making, pricing, and hedging applications.
- Produce object oriented designs in Java, enhance , re-factor existing designs
- Developing and demonstrating a broad set of technology skills in Java technologies
- Translate business requirements into technical design using appropriate methodology
- Interface with various stakeholders across multiple business units understanding their requirements, and developing and/or enhancing existing solutions to meet their needs.
- Developing robust systems with an eye towards performance, supportability and maintainability.
- Strong development practices including pairing, code reviews, unit testing and regression testing.
Minimum of 2 years experience
Core Java is essential; requires strong server side java development
Finance experience is desired but not a requirement.
Agile environment; sprint release every 4 weeks
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is a premier global workforce solutions provider and part of Recruit Holdings Co. Ltd., one of the largest human capital management companies in the world. Widely recognized by industry experts and HRO Today magazine, Advantage xPO specializes in providing temporary to contract-to-hire and direct/permanent placements with proven expertise in Engineering/Technical, Information Technology, Scientific, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Clerical and Light Industrial. Advantage xPO connects you with the right opportunity at the right company.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
New York, NY
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Developer
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Core Java Developer (Server Side)
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 320158
Posted Date: 4/16/2018