Technical Product Expert (Automation/Engineering Products) - Itasca, IL
Entry Level or Recent Graduate (0 - 5 years experience)
Salary: $59,000 + $16,000 target yearly performance bonus
Full relocation assistance to Itasca, IL (if needed)
Our client manufactures and sells factory automation and R&D equipment to increase efficiency, support product development, and improve quality control for their customers. With 70% of their products being world/industry first and strong direct-sales approach, their operating profit margin is 53% leading to the 6th highest position in terms of market cap. Through their direct sales approach, they identify their customers’ challenges firsthand and provide the most innovative technologies to further support their development.
The Technical Marketing Team members are the product experts for their respective divisions. They are responsible for developing the skill level of the division’s sales force, creating resources for internal and external marketing needs, as well as providing knowledgeable support to both sales and customers.
In this role, you will: orchestrate product-related trainings for the purpose of maximizing sales, provide product support and application assistance, and create marketing / sales resources to support the divisional direction.
Candidates should possess strong technical skills, communication skills, including public speaking, and demonstrate excellent prioritization and attention to details.
Principal duties and tasks
- Provide product and application support for customers and salespeople
- Plan, design, develop, and deliver trainings to both new hires and existing employees on products, applications, and competitors
- Develop, update, and disseminate technical guides and tips in order to increase the knowledge and skill level of the sales force
- Develop, proofread, and modify new product release materials such as product literature, technical and sales manuals, training manuals, etc.
- Research and analyze trends of both existing and emerging customer industries, successful product applications, and competitive information in order to maximize the ability of our salespeople to place our products into the market
- Travel to internal regional conferences, sales offices, and/or tradeshows for training and marketing activities
- Support division management in the development and implementation of new strategies
- Proactively identify areas to improve department operation efficiency and initiate projects to achieve such improvements
- Four year college degree (Bachelor’s degree in engineering, engineering technology, or similar technical field)
- Interest and aptitude to master our highly technical products
- High degree of attention to detail
- Strong public speaking skill
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a simplified fashion
- Ability to organize and prioritize a diverse set of projects, tasks, and activities for timely completion
- Ability to come up with creative training, support, and marketing ideas
- Proficient business writing and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft-based applications, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Integrity – job requires appropriate handling of confidential, sensitive information
Typical Experience: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, engineering technology, or similar technical field
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is a premier global workforce solutions provider and part of Recruit Holdings Co. Ltd., one of the largest human capital management companies in the world. Widely recognized by industry experts and HRO Today magazine, Advantage xPO specializes in providing temporary to contract-to-hire and direct/permanent placements with proven expertise in Engineering/Technical, Information Technology, Scientific, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Clerical and Light Industrial. Advantage xPO connects you with the right opportunity at the right company.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Technical Product Expert (Automation/Engineering Products)
Location: Itasca, IL
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 323445
Posted Date: 11/16/2018