Outreach Specialist in Alabama - Birmingham, AL
Our client is seeking a part-time Outreach Specialist to coordinate and implement outreach and training activities designed to increase awareness and appropriate usage of the Alabama Telecommunications Relay Service and Captioned Telephone Relay Service (“Alabama Relay”)
Familiarity with American Sign Language (ASL) is desired, but not required.
The Outreach Specialist will support the Outreach Program Manager in accordance with annual outreach plans and goals. The person in this position will coordinate, schedule, and provide education, training, workshops, demonstrations, and presentations to a variety of audiences on Alabama Relay. The Outreach Specialist will promote and represent Alabama Relay as an exhibitor by attending relevant trade shows, conferences, and regional events. The Outreach Specialist will seek, establish, and maintain relationships with business, government agencies, not for profit organizations, retirement communities, and healthcare providers for future outreach and marketing opportunities and strategies. The person in this position will gather feedback from customers and recommend outreach and marketing activities to the Outreach Program Manager.
1. Educate and promote awareness of Alabama Relay to members of the public, including, but not limited to government, private, and non-profit sectors.
2. Install, configure, and train customers at their residence on the use and features of specialized telephone equipment (i.e., TTY and CapTel) designed to provide access to Alabama Relay.
3. Develop, prepare and deliver presentations and demonstrations in different settings and to a variety of audiences; adjusts content of presentation or demonstration accordingly to environment and audience.
4. Initiate, establish and maintain partnerships with public, private, and non-profit sectors for future outreach and marketing opportunities and strategies.
5. Inform the public about the availability of specialized telephone equipment (e.g., TTY, CapTel, amplified phones, etc.) offered by the Alabama Telecommunication Devices Access Program.
6. Serve as exhibitor at trade shows, health expos, conventions, etc. and proactively drive traffic to Alabama Relay booth and provide reporting as requested.
7. Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree desired but not required.
· Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to adapt or tailor communication style to needs of customer and audience.
· Effective oral, presentational, and written skills with attention to accuracy and detail. Adheres to, applies, and retains knowledge of the different types of Alabama Relay services, regulations, policies, and procedures.
· Valid driver's license.
· Reliable transportation and adequate automobile insurance coverage, as independent travel within assigned territory will be required.
· Experience using Microsoft Office products.
We would like the applicant to start as soon as possible.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is a premier global workforce solutions provider and part of Recruit Holdings Co. Ltd., one of the largest human capital management companies in the world. Widely recognized by industry experts and HRO Today magazine, Advantage xPO specializes in providing temporary to contract-to-hire and direct/permanent placements with proven expertise in Engineering/Technical, Information Technology, Scientific, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Clerical and Light Industrial. Advantage xPO connects you with the right opportunity at the right company.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Outreach Specialist in Alabama
Location: Birmingham, AL
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 346372
Posted Date: 1/21/2019