Account Specialist - Cupertino, CA
Account Specialist - 4 - 5 years of experience (fluency or conversational in Chinese or Japanese a major plus)
Salary: $50,000 + overtime eligibility + $16,000 yearly performance bonus; relocation assistance to Cupertino, CA if needed
Our client manufactures and sells factory automation and R&D equipment to increase efficiency, support product development, and improve quality control for their customers. With 70% of their products being world/industry first and strong direct-sales approach, their operating profit margin is 53% leading to the 6th highest position in terms of market cap. Through their direct sales approach, they identify their customers’ challenges firsthand and provide the most innovative technologies to further support their development.
he Account Specialist provides outstanding support to their project teams and their customers with a smile and a sense of urgency. Responsibilities include: responding quickly and efficiently to customer, affiliates and team requests, fielding customer and sales inquiries, high-volume order entry and order releasing, submitting purchase orders to their affiliates overseas, project status reporting and ensuring compliance with vendor and affiliate standards.
This position requires excellent communication skills, attention to detail with solid analytical skills. The ideal candidate is comfortable with heavy data entry and working in a fast paced environment. They are looking for a proactive, self-motivated, and task-oriented individual who is able to work independently with minimal oversight. The candidate needs to be flexible and creative thinker, who along with successfully managing their administrative workload, will contribute to this group by demonstrating leadership and finding ways to improve and streamline their processes.
Principal duties and tasks:
- Prepares work to be processed by gathering, sorting, organizing, and recording data, information, and documents.
- Completes complex order and quotation process involving knowledge of Customs processes.
- Corresponds with their affiliates and customer in reference to planning and execution of order fulfillment and forecasting.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information; responding to requests.
- Resolves complaints by investigating issues and composing responses; referring non-standard complaints to direct manager.
- Maintains quality service by monitoring standards; advising supervisor of potential problems.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Creates complex invoices and is responsible for Accounts Receivable follow up and escalation, often involving follow up with multiple parties, sometimes internationally.
- Reporting weekly Account Receivable status to multiple Keyence affiliates
- Provides weekly status reports to multiple managers
- Bachelor’s Degree is Required
- 4-5 years of relevant experience; Accounting oriented and/or project management
- High degree of attention to details
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, activities, and projects for timely completion
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify complex problems, evaluate options based on the information supplied and determine appropriate solutions
- Must be flexible, accommodating and dependable
- Strong Reporting and Research skills
- Ability to work independently and stay on task with minimal supervision
- Self-starter/highly motivated
- Strong communication Skills; ability to communicate complex ideas and solutions in a simplified fashion
- General Math Skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, (advanced Excel and Outlook a plus)
- Fluency in Japanese and or Chinese is a plus.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is a premier global workforce solutions provider and part of Recruit Holdings Co. Ltd., one of the largest human capital management companies in the world. Widely recognized by industry experts and HRO Today magazine, Advantage xPO specializes in providing temporary to contract-to-hire and direct/permanent placements with proven expertise in Engineering/Technical, Information Technology, Scientific, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Clerical and Light Industrial. Advantage xPO connects you with the right opportunity at the right company.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
United States of America
Sales & Marketing / Administrative
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Account Specialist
Location: Cupertino, CA
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 349188
Posted Date: 12/5/2018