Stanley Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker Company, is a global leader in the development, manufacture, and sale of an extended line of metal and plastic fasteners and engineered fastening systems for commercial applications. We focus on total engineering solutions for end users' fastening requirements in the automotive, transportation, electronics, aerospace, machine tool, construction, and appliance industries. Our automotive division strives to lead the way with innovative solutions to ever changing customer challenges and opportunities. Within Stanley Engineered Fastening automotive division, an opening is currently available for Hand sorting / Boxing associate at our Montpelier, In plant.
Make required inspections of parts as required by Quality Control. Box parts as specified for shipping requirements. Complies with all safety rules. Maintain clean equipment.
Essential Job Functions
· Monitor quality visually and with appropriate test and/or gauges
· Attention to detail
· Remove finished products
· Ability to distinguish good/bad parts via provided samples
· Box parts for shipment
· Packaging returnable containers
· Operate PIV to move tubs of material
· Follow proper housekeeping procedures according to company guidelines
· Must be able to work overtime
· Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor
Essential Skills & Experience
· High School Diploma or GED preferred
· Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor
· Ability to read measuring equipment
Competencies (5-10 Critical Areas of Understanding/Practice for the role)
· Basic mathematical understanding and ability (add, subtract, divide units of measurement)
· Apply common sense understanding to carry out work instructions written, oral or diagrammatic form
· Must read at a level to comprehend instructions and labels
· Sitting and/or standing 8 hour shift
· Use of hands, arms and fingers regularly, touching, holding and feeling
· Minimal push or pulling
· Bending and reaching
· Lifting 5-35 pounds regularly
· Use of eyes to visually inspect parts
Personal Protective Equipment
· Hearing protection
· Safety Glasses
· Safety shoes – slip resistant and safety toe
Inside working environment, on production floor; floor becomes slippery with oil. Noise levels on production floor require hearing protection, temperature fluctuates dependent on season. Working around powered industrial vehicles. Working with and around oil and chemicals.
Stanley Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Sorter - 3rd Shift - APPLY HERE
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is a premier global workforce solutions provider and part of Recruit Holdings Co. Ltd., one of the largest human capital management companies in the world. Widely recognized by industry experts and HRO Today magazine, Advantage xPO specializes in providing temporary to contract-to-hire and direct/permanent placements with proven expertise in Engineering/Technical, Information Technology, Scientific, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Clerical and Light Industrial. Advantage xPO connects you with the right opportunity at the right company.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.