Tax Assistant - New York, NY
Role Title: Tax: Part time Contractor - Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited JD or Master of Taxation program, or a recent graduate of either program are strongly encouraged to apply.
Year Round (Part-time year round and potential for full-time hours in the months of June, July and August)
This is a dynamic opportunity for persons interested in tax to work in the tax department of an international bank.
Key tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Tax Department with:
- Conducting research on current US Federal tax issues, inclusive of corporate tax, withholding and information reporting, tax policy and procedures, and employee tax related matters, and preparation of technical memorandum for review by senior members of the tax department;
- Conducting research on specific issues relating to State and Local, inclusive of corporate, property and sales tax issues and preparation of technical memorandum for review by senior members of the tax department;
- Reviewing and organizing legal agreements such as ISDA and loan agreements, and revising or drafting of tax clauses;
- Performing comparative analysis of current and proposed financial product guidance documents;
- Drafting letters to various taxing US authorities in response to their inquiries regarding the bank’s treatment of an item on its tax return or other tax filings;
- Assisting with preparation of corporate tax returns; and
- Preparing for tax examinations conducted by various taxing authorities, including developing strategy for addressing any procedural matters and crafting responses to information document requests.
- Working cross-functionally with the Finance group, and with various business teams to address tax issues that may arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Superior academic credentials, strong written and verbal communication skills, good working knowledge of Word, Excel - including Pivot tables, V-Look-ups, etc., and Power Point.
- Collaborative work ethic, attentiveness to detail, and a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Education: Currently enrolled in an accredited JD or Master of Taxation program, or a recent graduate of either program.
To acquire first-hand experience working as an in-house counsel/advisor in the tax department of an international investment bank, including understanding how:
- Information is accumulated /attained in the development of tax issues;
- To recognize tax issues, and frame them for specific audience (front office versus taxing authorities);
- To manage competing deliverables; and
- To engage and interact with a team.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is a premier global workforce solutions provider and part of Recruit Holdings Co. Ltd., one of the largest human capital management companies in the world. Widely recognized by industry experts and HRO Today magazine, Advantage xPO specializes in providing temporary to contract-to-hire and direct/permanent placements with proven expertise in Engineering/Technical, Information Technology, Scientific, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Clerical and Light Industrial. Advantage xPO connects you with the right opportunity at the right company.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
New York, NY
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Tax Assistant
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 529904
Posted Date: 5/16/2019