Outreach Specialist for Missouri Relay - Kansas City, MO
Outreach Specialist with Missouri Relay
Our client is seeking an Outreach Specialist to work with Missouri Relay on a full-time, contractual basis.
The goal of Missouri Relay is to provide accessible telecommunications services for people who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, DeafBlind and the people who have Speech Disabilities.
The Outreach Specialist will be responsible for educating people about Missouri Relay telecommunications services. The Outreach Specialist will effectively position these services as must-have technology for those who struggle to hear and/or speak over the phone. This is accomplished by giving presentations, demonstrations, workshops and hosting Missouri Relay booth at various events as well as providing one-on-one training sessions with customers and businesses.
Some of the MIssouri Relay telecommunication services are:
· TTY Relay
· Captioned Telephone (CapTel)
· DeafBlind Relay
· Relay Conference Captioning
The right candidate is self-motivated and a strong public speaker who understands the communities and needs of the Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Deaf-Blind citizens and the people with Speech Disabilities. This is a wonderful opportunity to make a difference!
· Bachelor’s degree preferred or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience.
· 2-3 years in sales, account management or customer service with a passion for helping clients.
· Strong interpersonal, presentation, organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Comfortable with technology such as telephone lines, WiFi connections, routers.
· Knowledge of Missouri Relay services preferred, but not required.
· Familiarity with American Sign Language (ASL) preferred, but not required.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Reliable transportation and adequate insurance coverage, as driving will be required.
· Ability to travel to different parts of Missouri.
· Ability to lift 25-35 lbs.
· Must have the legal right to work in United States.
· Must be a resident of Missouri.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is a premier global workforce solutions provider and part of Recruit Holdings Co. Ltd., one of the largest human capital management companies in the world. Widely recognized by industry experts and HRO Today magazine, Advantage xPO specializes in providing temporary to contract-to-hire and direct/permanent placements with proven expertise in Engineering/Technical, Information Technology, Scientific, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Clerical and Light Industrial. Advantage xPO connects you with the right opportunity at the right company.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Kansas City, MO
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Outreach Specialist for Missouri Relay
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 532161
Posted Date: 5/27/2019