Continuous Improvement Leader - Batavia, OH
The CI Specialist is responsible to identify and improve the outcomes of manufacturing and operational processes to improve efficiencies, reduce cost and increase customer satisfaction. The Continuous Improvement (CI) Leader’s role is to identify, lead, and execute the CI strategy via Lean and Six Sigma methods within their assigned business or segment(s) to deliver bottom line, quantified results. This includes performing business assessment, planning, facilitation, execution of kaizen events, and sustainment through standard work and procedures. The CI Leader will drive the cultural transformation through the business building effective matrix teams and driving involvement and talent development.
Essential/Key Functions: (Primary Responsibilities) (80%)
● Identify and facilitate process improvement projects, training/ workshops to drive cultural change
● Conduct root cause analysis to determine metrics, troubleshoot manufacturing/ business and assembly issues, material flow, project plans, production capacity, facility design and create process documentation
● Carry out advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping, develop budgets and cost analysis to determine project feasibility
- Develops annual plans for the CI in the facility
● Design, Install and debug tooling and capital equipment as it relates to process improvement
● Drive value stream mapping to define “As-Is Analysis” and the transition to Future State
● Develop and conduct compliance audits, program evaluations and reviews to drive results with the fortitude to ensure change is permanent
- Implements KPI’s, OEE, and other measurements across the plant
- Leads regularly scheduled CI meetings with plant leadership to review and track progress
- Actively pursues “best practices” to improve the plant
- Establish appropriate measurement systems to identify opportunities and to quantify implemented improvements.
Minimum (Required) Qualifications:
● Bachelor's degree from an accredited University
● Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, problem solving and analytical skills
● Training in Lean manufacturing principles and Kaizen facilitation
● Strong leadership skills, experience working hands on with shop floor personnel
● Previous exposure to an Engineer to Order, low volume, high SKU environment
● Ability to work with and influence others in a fast paced environment, ability to work shifts as required
● Advanced knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and ERP applications
● Ability to read Schematics
● Training in CAD and or Visio
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is a premier global workforce solutions provider and part of Recruit Holdings Co. Ltd., one of the largest human capital management companies in the world. Widely recognized by industry experts and HRO Today magazine, Advantage xPO specializes in providing temporary to contract-to-hire and direct/permanent placements with proven expertise in Engineering/Technical, Information Technology, Scientific, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Clerical and Light Industrial. Advantage xPO connects you with the right opportunity at the right company.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Continuous Improvement Leader
Location: Batavia, OH
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 533451
Posted Date: 6/3/2019